You will be able to collect your tickets from Morston Quay, which is where our boats depart from.
All our boats are white and blue and our staff will also be wearing blue. Look out for our signage on the quayside.
You pay for your tickets when you collect them on the day of your boat trip. At this current time we do not take credit cards but we're working on it, so please bring cash.
Following the relaxing of Covid regulations on 19th July John Bean Boats Trips are still committed to the safety of their passengers.
Your health and safety remains our top priority. we continue to follow additional hygiene and safety measures on arrival and throughout the trip. Please take careful note of our safety measure (below).
- PRE BOOK BY PHONE IN ADVANCE - we will have to take a contact number from you which will be kept secure for 21 days.
- BE ABLE TO EMBARK / DISEMBARK WITHOUT ASSISTANCE OR WITH MINIMAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE CREW
- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WEAR A FACE MASK/COVERING IF THIS MAKES YOU MORE COMFORTABLE.
- PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE ON THE DAY. Card payment is often available but not guaranteed due to poor WiFi connection on the quayside so please arrive with cash just in case (the correct amount wherever possible to minimise handling.)
- THE NATIONAL TRUST TOILETS & CAFÉ ARE NOW CURRENTLY OPEN ON MORSTON QUAY. Please note Toilet facilities are limited so please allow extra time.
- THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO LANDINGS ON BLAKENEY POINT and all seal trips will last approx one hour
- TO ENSURE THE MAXIMIMUM COMFORT OF OUR PASSENGERS TRIPS WILL CONTINUE AT REDUCED CAPACITY FOR THE REMAINING SEASON, for high risk groups you may care to see our page on private charter
- PLEASE FOLLOW STAFF INSTRUCTIONS AS THEY ARE FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY – we reserve the right to refuse passage for anyone unwilling to comply with the above - no refunds will be given.
- IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL CONTACT OUR BOOKING HOTLINE ON: 01263 740 625.- Please DO notify us if you have pre-booked and are not coming as seats are strictly limited and we will be able to re-allocate your booking.
- Boarding and disembarking may take a little longer than normal - please be patient, relax and enjoy your trip.
We look forward to seeing you and... don’t forget your camera!
Frequently asked questions
All well behaved dogs are always welcome! Please be considerate of other passengers who may not be keen on dogs.
All of our Boats are open top, so always best to come prepared
We run all 12 months, but our times will always vary so please check our timetable.
At this current time we do not take credit cards but were working on it, so please bring cash
No - we will save your seats for you to turn up and pay on the day. (If you can't make it for any reason all we ask is you let us know as soon as possible)
You pay for your tickets on the day when you collect them (when you phone to book you will be told where!)
The boats depart from MORSTON QUAY ~ NR25 7BH. Situated on the A149 Coast Road between Blakeney and Wells next sea, further details on finding us in our contact page
All our boats are white and blue and our staff will be wearing blue also look out for our signage on the quayside
The MCA regulations state that we have to carry life rafts and life jackets on board. Life jackets only have to be worn in an emergency
No - sorry the boats are not big enough for toilets, there are however toilets on Morston Quay and on Blakeney Point
No - sorry the rate is the same as for adults
Yes - we go all weather if it is safe to do so. Very occasionally we do have to cancel if it's too windy
No - but we advise sensible clothing to suit the weather (its always a bit cooler on the water!) Sensible footwear is also advised as the quayside and Blakeney Point both have uneven surfaces
Yes - there is a big National Trust car park next to the quayside just a short stroll to the boats. ("Pay and display" but free to National Trust members)
Yes - the Coast Hopper bus stop is in Morston village, about 5 minutes walk to the quayside
A seal trip on its own lasts for about one hour.